July 10, 2012
On 7/10/12, from 9:00 pm – 12:00 pm EST, NYS Licensed Psychologist and Forensic Consultant, Dr. Michael Nuccitelli will join host, Michael Vara, to discuss “iPredators, Cyberspace & Evil.” During their 3 hour marathon discussion, Michael Vara, Dr. Nuccitelli and guests will explore the abstract electronic universe known as Cyberspace. Dr. Nuccitelli will present to LNM listeners his two theoretical constructs he’s termed iPredator and Dark Psychology with brief definitions as follows:
iPredator: A child, adult or group who engages in the exploitation, victimization, stalking, theft or disparagement of others using Information and Communications Technology (ICT.) iPredators are driven by deviant fantasies, desires for power and control, retribution, religious fanaticism, political reprisal, psychiatric illness, perceptual distortions, peer acceptance or personal and financial gain. iPredators can be any age, either gender and not bound by economic status, race or national heritage. iPredator is a global term used to distinguish all online users who engage in criminal, deviant or abusive behaviors using Information and Communications Technology. Whether the offender is a cyberbully, cyber stalker, cyber criminal, online sexual predator, Internet troll or cyber terrorist, they fall within the scope of iPredator.
Dark Psychology: Dark Psychology is the study of the human condition as it relates to the psychological nature of people to prey upon others. All of humanity has this potential to victimize other humans & living creatures. While many restrain or sublimate this tendency, some act upon these impulses. Dark Psychology seeks to understand those thoughts, feelings and perceptions that lead to predatory behavior. Dark Psychology assumes that this production is purposive and has some rational, goal-oriented motivation 99% of the time. The remaining 1%, under Dark Psychology, is the brutal victimization of others without purposive intent or reasonably defined by evolutionary science or religious dogma.
Throughout the show and the primary theme of the discussion is to explore the realm of cyberspace and if evil exists in this realm. Since developing his constructs on criminal and deviant behavior in humans, online and offline, Dr. Nuccitelli has been asked by many people from all walks of life is if he believes cyberspace acts as a portal for evil.
Although the Internet is a mere 20 yrs. old, celebrating its birthday in 2011, the use and importance of cyberspace and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) has covered the planet. Host Michael Vara, Dr. Nuccitelli, guests and listeners, encouraged to call in, will attempt to explore this very intriguing question; Does Evil Exist In Cyberspace?